2021 - At this time, no grant call for proposals is planned
2020 - Call for Proposals to the ICWP Playwriting Development Fund
In response to various forms of racism in society and to the critical purpose of Black Lives Matter, the ICWP 2020 Call for Proposals is a part of our initiative to create more equity and access in theatre with an eye on inclusion of BIPOC playwrights within the United States as well as globally.
Date: October 16, 2020
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Purpose: To make funds available to the ICWP members to advance their playwriting experiences and career
Eligibility: Decisions to support applicants will be based upon the following criteria:
- Member of Indigenous Black People of Colour (BIPOC) communities
- Women and women-identifying member of ICWP
- Member of an equity seeking group facing oppression
Equity-seeking groups experience disadvantage and discrimination and are seeking resources and opportunities that further social justice
- Living in a country where women are persecuted for sharing their views and face gender and/or cultural barriers
- Demonstrate a commitment to playwriting (previous experience)
Funds will be disbursed in two USD installments by cheque or Paypal.
Recipients must submit a report prior to receiving the final payment.
All recipients will give permission to ICWP to share photos and reports to promote the positive outcomes of financial support from the ICWP Development Fund.
Playwriting projects for the Development Fund must be completed by August 31, 2021.
All promotional materials for ICWP-funded activities must included the following statement: “This activity was possible through the Development Fund of the International Centre for Women Playwrights”.
Funds will be available in specific amounts in four categories.
Applicants may apply in ONE category only.
Admission to theatre productions: $100.00
Travel to attend theatre productions: $100.00
Playwriting workshops/retreat $400.00
Support for a play reading of you new script $400.00
- As a USA non-profit, ICWP can only fund play development activities taking place in countries that have not been sanctioned under USA law at the time of this call for proposals.
Inquiries: Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org