When plays are your work....
Once you become a member, you can:
"Imagine having a group of like-minded individuals,
with a common, yet non-competitive, purpose."
- Join the CONNECT email discussion list
- Access members-only areas of this website
- Receive weekly email alerts with local and international opportunities such as script contests, residences, retreats.
- Join a script feedback group - get peer support
- Make and/or update your member profile for the online Member Directory
- Add a Gallery of Images to your profile
- Promote your own plays, awards, and productions
- Our Social media team will share your achievements on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Get contact information about other members
- Send your hard copy scripts to be cataloged and archived for
current academic research and for posterity at the Lawrence and
Lee Theatre Research Institute, Ohio State University, USA
- Add information about your plays to an online public searchable script database.
- Access other Educational and Professional resources
You will see some additional levels in the membership directory: Board Member and Honorary. These are reserved for individuals who have made substantial contributions to the organization over several years.Sister/Mister Plus
level is for members who are able to further assist ICWP by paying higher rate member contributions.
If you have any questions or comments about this, please contact the Membership Director
Never be alone again...
One Member says...
This is such a wonderful organization, it has opened up so many new windows and opportunities for me and the thrill of becoming part of such a warm and supportive community of women theater artists.
I am from Romania and came to the US as a political refugee in the eighties and in the nineties I became haunted by the Balkan wars in Bosnia and Kosovo. In the summer of 99 I saw at the Avignon theater festival a version of Euripides’s Trojan Women that included actual letters of women survivors of the war in Kosovo who had been in different camps, it was wrenching. My work has been deeply marked by these wars and continues to be.
We encourage you to participate in whatever way you can. Members and supporters of all levels can play a part in creating a successful International Centre of Women Playwrights.
Each member pays dues relative to their ability to pay, on an honor basis, with the option of deferred dues in exchange for service to the organization. Your support will help provide more benefits and resources for Women Playwrights.